Break free from the hold depression has on you. The depression treatment center at The Ranch provides Residential programs that help you take back your life. Our mental health professionals are compassionate experts trained ineffective treatments for depression. You can get better. We can help.
How Residential Depression Treatment Helps
Some people do well with outpatient depression treatment. An Residential depression Treatment is necessary for others. Residential treatment may be necessary if depression is interfering with your ability to function. It may also be important if your depression co-occurs with substance abuse in what is known as a dual diagnosis. Often, suffering from depression drives you to self-medicate with drugs or alcohol. When symptoms worsen, this cycle can spiral into addiction.
More than 50% of all people who die by suicide suffer from major depression. This figure increases to 75% when a depressed person is suffering from co-occurring alcohol abuse. Residential Treatment for depression provides intensive therapy, 24-hour supervision, and structure and support. This can be a critical part of recovery from major depression and play a significant role in suicide prevention.
Residential treatment for depression provides expert care as well as space and time to address:
- Co-occurring alcohol or drug abuse
- Inadequate nutrition
- Sleep disturbances
- Ineffectiveness of outpatient treatments in alleviating severe or chronic depressive disorder symptoms
- Changes in medications or treatments requiring close medical treatment/psychiatric supervision
- Symptoms of mania or depression significantly interfering with normal functions
- Suicidal ideation
- Psychotic symptoms (e.g., hallucinations or delusions)
Residential treatment for depression uses approaches proven in treating depressed people effectively. These may include cognitive behavioral therapy, interpersonal therapy and psychodynamic therapy. Therapists may also use alternative medicine approaches that complement traditional depression treatments.
Once a client is stable, day treatment and outpatient programs can be effective treatment options.
What is a Residential Depression Treatment Center Like?
The Summit Prairie Recovery Center offers treatment for depression as a primary disorder. We also treat depression when it co-occurs with substance abuse, eating disorders including bulimia, anorexia and binge eating, or sex addiction.
Assessments That Guide Your Treatment Plan
Your treatment team at The Summit Prairie Recovery Center will assess your physical and mental health. We’ll determine if you have other mental health disorders. For example, depression and anxiety often co-occur together. You’ll also undergo assessments for substance abuse. Many people with depressive disorders abuse alcohol or drugs to self-medicate their symptoms. We’ll determine if medical alcohol or drug detox is necessary. Then, our mental health professionals create a personalized treatment plan based on assessment findings.
Individual Therapy With a Licensed Counselor
You’ll meet with a counselor trained in treating depressive disorders. Therapists help you address underlying issues that contribute to depression. Sometimes these include challenges like trauma, early childhood relationships and poor coping skills. Your counselor may draw on therapeutic approaches like:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavioral therapy
- Interpersonal therapy
- Motivational interviewing therapy
- Psychodynamic therapy
Group Therapy With Peers in Treatment
Group therapy programs help you connect with others going through similar challenges. Led by mental health professionals, group therapy helps you:
- Build interpersonal skills
- Work through solutions to your problems
- Develop self-confidence
- Connect with peers in recovery
- Gain new insights into yourself
- Practice healthy coping skills
Alternative Therapies For Whole-Person Healing
Depression treatment options go beyond just talk therapy. Experiential approaches for treating depressed people support physical, mental and spiritual healing. For example, a few of the therapies that we use at The Summit Prairie Recovery Center include:
- Adventure therapy like a ropes course and equine therapy
- Alternative medicine like acupuncture and massage therapy
- EMDR and other trauma therapies
- Mindfulness and yoga
- Fitness and nutrition support
- Native American healing approaches
- Creative activities like art and music
Treatment for Co-Occurring Disorders
Research shows around a third of people with a depressive disorder also have substance use disorders. The same research also shows major depressive disorder puts people at a higher risk for other psychiatric conditions. Qualified mental health professionals in an Residential depression treatment center are also trained to treat the full range of mental health conditions. Our programs include:
- Substance abuse treatment programs
- Major depressive disorder treatment program
- Bipolar disorder treatment program
- Trauma/PTSD treatment program
- Postpartum depression treatment program
- Personality disorder treatment program
- Anxiety disorder treatment program
- Panic disorder treatment program
- Eating disorder treatment programs
- Obsessive compulsive disorder treatment program
- Sex addiction treatment program
Expert Psychiatric Care and Medication Management
Depression treatment generally includes psychotherapy and medication management. An imbalance of the brain chemicals serotonin and norepinephrine can contribute to depression. A psychiatrist may prescribe antidepressants in combination with behavioral therapy to correct imbalances.
The most commonly prescribed medications for major depressive disorders and related disorders include:
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs)
- Serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs)
- Tricyclic antidepressant medication
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors
Medication for depression can help relieve depression symptoms. But psychotherapy is essential for addressing underlying issues that contribute to mental illness. At The Summit Prairie Recovery Center , prescribed medications are taken in combination with psychotherapy and other therapeutic approaches.
Many people respond to a combination of medication and psychotherapeutic interventions. But as many as one-third of the 16 million U.S. adults with depression do not respond adequately to treatment. This is known as treatment-resistant depression. The Summit Prairie Recovery Center offers a variety of depression treatments that help people with treatment-resistant depression.
Mental illness like severe depression impacts the entire family. The Summit Prairie Recovery Center treatment programs provide family therapy. Intensive family programs are also available. Involving loved ones in treatment is important. It helps them provide important support after you leave depression Treatment. You’ll learn to communicate better. Loved ones learn to recognize warning signs that you need help. A trained therapist helps you discuss difficult topics.
The Summit Prairie Recovery Center treatment centers are inviting facilities that feel like home. Cozy furnishings and pleasing decor feel welcoming. You’ll enjoy comfortable gathering areas, well-balanced meals and beautiful views of nature.
Preparation for Life After Treatment
From day one, you’ll prepare to thrive in a new healthy lifestyle when you walk out our doors. We’ll teach you healthy coping skills and self-care practices. You’ll learn to manage mental health disorder symptoms. The Summit Prairie Recovery Center treatment team will also connect you with a number of resources to support you in long-term recovery. These may include:
- Appointments with a doctor or therapist trained in clinical depression
- Traditional behavioral health treatment
- Resources for alternative types of treatments for depression
- Intensive outpatient treatment (IOP)
- Family therapy
- Support groups for substance abuse recovery or other co-occurring issues
- The Summit Prairie Recovery Center alumni group events and meetings
Does Insurance Cover Residential Depression Treatment?
In many cases insurance covers treatment for mental health disorders in the same way it covers other health conditions. The best way to determine if your insurance includes coverage for Residential treatment for depression is to call us. We’ll work directly with your insurance company to get a firm understanding of your benefits and any out-of-pocket costs. Receive a free insurance benefits verification by contacting us today.